Call for Attic Inspection and Insulation
Advantages to Insulation are numerous. Besides dramatically reducing your heating and cooling costs. It greatly reduces the risk of ice dams from forming and prevents dampness & condensation in your home which can cause mold. On top of it all – greatly reducing the carbon footprint of your home and helping the environment.
- Attic ventilation is very important in every home. We recommend that every home be properly ventilated. Proper ventilation includes any of the following combinations: roof vents and soffit vents, ridge vents and soffit vents, or gable vents and soffit vents
- If the home has roof vents make sure they are not plugged from animal, birds or bees nests.
- We recommend that every attic have a minimum of 10″ to 12″ of insulation installed.
- We look closely for rotted sheathing caused from water leaks. Common areas to find damage sheathing is near chimneys, around any roof vents, around sky lights and in valley areas.
- It is very common in attic today to find a black substance or possible mold on the sheathing. This is generally caused because the attic is not venting properly.
- Dramatically reduced heating bills (up to 40%)
- Homes maintain generated heat in winter months and slow down the heat flow into your home in the summer months.
- Greatly reduces the risk of dampness & condensation in your home.
- Greatly reduces draughts and breezes within your home
- Prevents ice dams and dangerous icicles from forming on your roof
- By insulating your home you will depend less on generated energy, thus greatly reducing the carbon footprint of your home and helping the environment.